Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day.
Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course?
Each of us has such a bank. It’s name is TIME. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no over draft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day’s deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against “tomorrow.”
You must live in the present on today’s deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success!
The clock is running!! Make the most of today
- To realise the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed a grade.
- To realise the value of ONE MONTH, ask the mother of a premature child.
- To realise the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.
- To realise the value of ONE DAY, ask a Project Manager who’s paying liquidated damages for every day past the PC date.
- To realise the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
- To realise the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who just missed a train.
- To realise the value of ONE SECOND, ask someone who just avoided an accident.
- To realise the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal at the Olympics.
Treasure every moment that you have! And remember time waits for no one.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why its called the present.